Grungy feet court-side or on the beach this Summer is not a good look. This easy, step-by-step guide from Pinks Boutique Director, Kirstie Sherriff, takes the hard work out of giving yourself a home pedicure and will whip your feet into shape in no time.
- Soak feet in hot water and add a heaped teaspoon of balancing organic foot soak crystals. Leave for 5 to 10 minutes while you take some deep breaths and enjoy the heat. The aim of this stage is to relax, clean feet and start softening the skin and nails.
- Take one teaspoon of Pinks Boutique organic foot scrub and exfoliate the feet all over – paying special attention to any areas with dry skin. Rinse off and dry.
- Remove remaining hard skin with a good-quality foot rasp. You should not saw back and forth but aim to work in one direction at a time. If you have a very serious build up of hard skin on your feet it is unlikely you will get this off in one pedicure – it is a process so every time you have a shower make sure you rasp
- Apply Pinks Boutique organic cuticle oil, to cuticles and nails massaging in and pushing them back.
- Coat your feet and heels in an organic rich foot balm to intensively care for dry skin. Avoid foot creams with ‘aqua’ in the ingredient list as this will have a high water content and won’t do the job as effectively as super-nourishing shea butter.
- For the perfect organic pedicure you should leave your nails without varnish but if you would like a colour, wipe over the nail plate with a non-acetone varnish remover to take away any oil before apply a base coat, colour and then a top coat.
You’re done! Now sit back and admire your work.