Haute Arabia Tip: To be better organized this Ramadan season, plan your Iftar meals ahead of time. This way you’ll have plenty of time to choose a variety of foods and healthy recipes and prepare an easy shopping list.
Haute Arabia Recipe: Um Ali Dessert
Um Ali is a dessert that combines the creaminess of bread pudding and cinnamon nut stuffing of baklava.It is a wonderful treat warm out of the oven or cold out of the fridge.The name comes with a story – or maybe even stories.
Legend has it that im Ali was the first wife of the Sultan Ezz El Din Aybek. In Egypt, women were not allowed to rule, but were permitted to be guardians to their sons who would become king when they came of age. When the sultan died, his second wife had a dispute with im Ali over whose son would be the successor to the Sultan. The second wife was heavily guarded making it difficult for im Ali to get rid of her.
Cook Time: 25 mins
Total Time: 35 mins
- Milk (1 litre)
- Condensed Milk (395 grams)
- Coconut Powder (2 tbsps)
- Dry Fruits
- Pastry Puff
- Sugar ( 2 Full tbsps)
- Thick Cream (250 ml)
- In a hot pot add 1 litre of milk then 1 can (395 grams) of condensed milk then 1 big spaddle of sugar than stir it until its thick context.
- Place the pastry puff n a glass container. Spread 2 tbps of cocount powder on top of the puff, then sliced Almonds and raisins.
- Pour the milk batter on puffs
- Another layer of puff, coconut powder, nuts, raisin and again milk.
- Put the thick cream (250 ml) on the top then spread with spaddle.
- Add nuts on the top
- Put it into oven for 15 minutes until the top gets golden.
Haute Arabia Recommends: Ocha and Rosehip Moisturiser by Pinks Boutique
Yes the heat must be depriving of all the moisture especially in the lands of Arabia where its scorching summer. We recommend to you the Ocha and Rosehip Moisturiser which is hydrating and regenerating. Blended with Rosehip oil, a superb moisturiser and renowned for reducing wrinkles, photo-ageing sun damage and scar tissue this daily moisturiser is ideal for normal to dry skins.