Haute Arabia Tip: Beat thirst this Ramadan! drink plenty of water, avoid foods that are too spicy or salty, and have more refreshing fruits and vegetables!
Haute Arabia Recipe: Baba Ghanoush
Yields: about 2 cups
- 2 medium eggplants, about 1 pound total
- 4 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup tahini (sesame seed paste)
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 handful fresh flat-leaf parsley, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped roasted pistachios, for garnish
- Pita bread, cut into wedges, for dipping
- Pierce the eggplants in a few places with a fork, so steam has somewhere to go when you cook them.
- For a smoky flavor that will add depth to the finished dish, grill the eggplants on a very hot, oiled grill pan (or barbecue) until the skins are wrinkled and black, and the eggplants shriveled and soft; turning often. (If you prefer, roast the eggplants in a preheated 400 degree F oven for 30 minutes.)
- When the eggplants are cool enough to handle, split them open and scoop out the flesh, discarding the skin and as many seeds as possible.
- In a food processor, combine the garlic, tahini, lemon juice and parsley; puree until smooth. Add the eggplant flesh; season with cumin, salt, and pepper; pulse several times to make a thick, coarse puree. Pour in the oil and pulse again to incorporate. Taste and adjust seasoning, as needed. Pour into a serving bowl and garnish with chopped pistachios. Serve with pita wedges for dipping.
Haute Arabia Recommends: Private Cupcake Decorating Class with Eric Lanlard at Cake Boy, London
Eid is almost here and well why not bake yourselves the eid cake this time after getting expert advise on how to decorate them just the way you want it? Twice winner of the prestigious “Continental Pâtissier of the Year” at the British Baking Awards, TV star Eric Lanlard is one of Europe’s foremost master pâtissiers. Join him for a private afternoon at his Cake Boy boutique, to learn the art of cupcake decorating.