Haute Arabia Tip: Having Arabic sweets will not compensate for fruits! So don’t forget to have 2-3 servings of refreshing fruits for healthy vitamins, minerals and antioxidants.
Haute Arabia Recipe: Tahini and Yoghurt Potato Salad
Turn an old favorite into a waist-friendly Middle Eastern delight by mixing the sesame flavors of tahini with low-fat natural yogurt.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- 1.5kg kipfler or coliban (washed) potatoes
- 130g (1/2 cup) low-fat natural yogurt
- 2 tbs fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp honey
- 2 tsp tahini (sesame paste)
- 6 green shallots, ends trimmed, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- Place the potatoes in large saucepan of cold water. Bring to the boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 12-15 minutes or until just tender. Drain. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, combine the yogurt, lemon juice, honey and tahini in a small bowl.
- Cut the potatoes into thick slices and place in a serving bowl. Add the dressing, shallot and mint and gently toss until just combined. Season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
You can prepare this recipe to the end of step 2 up to 3 hours ahead. Store in separate airtight containers in the fridge. Continue from step 3 up to 30 minutes ahead.
Haute Arabia Recommends: Evening Wear Abaya II by Abayat Guin
Instead of a “little black dress”, let’s opt for the luxurious black abaya in Abayat Guin’s Evening Wear collection. Crafted from the finest fabric with lace detailing, this custom made gown is the perfect selection for your ramadan festivities. The designer adds great detail to the sleeves and lower end on this abaya to create a dramatic statement embellished in leather trimmings to give the design a layered finesse. Make your statement. Be bold yet graceful in this defining piece! Get yours now exclusively at Haute Arabia.