Haute Arabia Tip: Be creative in your Iftar salads! The more colorful vegetables and toppings you use, the more nutrients in your salad. Some ideas include walnuts, ground flaxeed, halloumi, lean turkey or crab shavings.
Haute Arabia Recipe: Lentil and Spinach Soup
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 large brown onion, coarsely chopped
- 2L (8 cups) water
- 1 large Massel vegetable stock cube
- 325g (1 1/2 cups) red split lentils
- 1 bunch English spinach, ends trimmed, washed, finely shredded
- 1 tbs garam masala
- 3 tsp ground cumin
- Lebanese bread, to serve
1. Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until soft. Add the water and stock cube. Increase the heat to high. Bring to the boil.
2. Add the lentils and stir until well combined. Reduce heat to medium and simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes or until the lentils are tender. Add the spinach and cook, stirring, for 3-4 minutes or until the spinach just wilts. Add the garam masala and cumin, and stir until well combined. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
3. Ladle the soup among serving bowls and serve with Lebanese bread.
To freeze ahead
Prepare the soup to the end of step 2. Set aside for 15 minutes to cool slightly. Ladle the soup into portion-sized freezerproof airtight containers. Label, date and freeze for up to 3 months.
To thaw, place overnight in the fridge.
To reheat, place the soup in a small saucepan. Stir over medium heat until heated through. If you like a thinner consistency, add a little water to the soup. Continue from step 3.
Haute Arabia Recommends: Royal Collection Abaya I by Sckali
Order this beautiful abaya in time for Eid, Elegant, Modest and Trendy- all in one brought to you all the way from the oil rich state based designer Sckali. The details of the abaya are so outstanding and will be a head turner wherever you go!