Haute Arabia Tip: No place for milk in Ramadan? Drink a glass during Suhour or before you sleep. You need this great calcium source for healthy and strong bones. Haute Arabia Recipe: Znoud Elsit Fantastic Lebanese dessert it is called Znoud Elsit. It is served after a main meal. Ingredients:
- 10 chips of Baklawa Pastry (20cm)
- 10 cups of Arabic cream (Kashta)
- 4 cups of oil for frying
- 4 cups of Arabic Syrup
- lemon flower (optional) and minced pistachio to garnish
- Take the Baklawa Pastry and cut it into long stripes and 10cm wide.
- Put each two stripes of the pastry on top of each other and half a stripe on top of the two but in a cross type.
- Put two teaspoons of Arabic cream (Kashta) on top where the pastry stripes meet.
- Fold the right and left side of the pastry on top of the Kashta and then roll it lengthwise around the Kashta.
- Prepare all the pastry the same way then fry them in the oil until they get a golden color.
- Take them out of the oil and put them in the Syrup after you have decreased the oil on them.
- Decorate by putting some kashta on the middle top, some minced pistachio and lemon flower (optional).
Haute Arabia Recommends: Rockstar Handbag by A. Nuaimi