Haute Arabia Tip: It’s not only about healthy cooking methods, you also need to start up with low fat ingredients such as lean meat, skinless chicken and low fat milk, cheeses and laban.
Haute Arabia Recipe: Fattoush
- 2 cups olive oil
- 2 pieces Lebanese bread, each cut into 4 pieces
- 500g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, halved lengthways, deseeded, chopped
- 1 red capsicum, chopped
- 3 small radish, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup mint leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon sumac (see note)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons sumac
- Make dressing: Combine all ingredients in a screw-top jar. Secure lid. Shake until well combined.
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook bread, in 4 batches, turning, for 1 to 2 minutes or until crisp and golden. Transfer to a wire rack to drain. 3 Place tomatoes, cucumbers, capiscum, radish, onions, parsley and mint in a large bowl. Sprinkle with sumac. Drizzle with dressing. Toss gently to combine. Break bread into pieces. Add to salad. Toss gently and serve.
Notes & tips
- Sumac is a cherry-red spice that’s dried and ground and has a slightly sour, lime-like taste. You can find it in the spices aisle of your supermarket.
Haute Arabia Recommends: Peace Stack Bracelet by Palestyle
With Eid around the corner, let these peace stack bracelets spread the message of Salam along with the greetings you spread around.